Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Night


Date: 11/17/2011
Camera: Canon Powershot 1000IS
F Stop: 2.7
ISO: 250
Shutter Speed: 1/40
Tripod: No

Date: 11/29/2011
Camera: Canon Powershot 1000IS
F Stop: 2.7
ISO: 250
Shutter Speed: 1/8
Tripod: No



These two photos were approached and shot in different ways. The first picture was taken indoors. My goal with this picture was to shoot using candle light. I used the bottles seen in the pictures as props. It took me a while to find a good spot in my house where I could shoot without a distracting background; I eventually settled on this location and positioned the bottles in such a way that they made dramatic shadows when paired with the candlelight. I particularly liked how the candlelight only lit up the objects that I was shooting.
The second picture was shot outdoors, my favorite thing about how this picture turned out is the texture of the tree. The light from the floodlight created a dramatic texture of the trunk and also captured the texture of the bush. Shooting outside was a lot more difficult particularly due to my “point- and –shoot” style camera.  After taking many pictures at night of lights that were farther away it became evident my camera does not have the capability to take a clear shot of distant lights. This made me change tactics and I utilized the floodlight to get a close up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment