Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Portrait

Camera: Canon Powershot 1000IS
F Stop: 4.5
ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/60
Tripod: No



This is a portrait of my older sister Jessie. Approaching the assignment of taking a portrait I knew that I did not want to take a staged photo. After senior pictures in High School I realized I prefer pictures that are more natural and not staged. I find especially when it comes to shooting family members they have a tendency to look artificial when compared to the person you actually know them to be unless you catch them in a moment of spontaneity. This particular photo was taken on the day of her college graduation. The whole family was waiting around for the ceremony to start. Everyone was excited and in a playful mood, this particular shot captures the goofy side of Jessie and a face that pretty much says no more pictures please! I like the expression on her face; I think it really captures her personality and the excitement of the day; however the tradeoff for a spontaneous picture is sometimes a less than stellar background. The process for capturing this picture was just keeping a camera handy at all times and capturing images in the moment.      

No comments:

Post a Comment