Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Social Commentary

Date: 11/26/2011
Camera: Canon A1000IS
F Stop: 2.7 / 2.7
Shutter Speed: 1/50 - 1/8
ISO: 200 - 200
Tripod: No

This social commentary collage is based around Zoo Montana. My older sister is currently employed as a keeper at Zoo Montana so I get to see firsthand the struggles the Zoo has gone through over the past year in losing their accreditation, restructuring their finances, and losing some animals to other zoos. My goal in taking these pictures is to remind Billings why we have a Zoo; because of the animals and the joy that comes from seeing these magnificent creatures. Too often in Billings I think the Zoo is forgotten and does not receive the recognition it deserves until they are in trouble. My process in taking these pictures was to shoot the zoo from a different angle, to do this I went behind the scenes at the zoo and saw firsthand the work that the keepers put into their job and how well cared for and loved all the animals are. Resulting from the pictures I hope to remind the people of Billings that the Zoo still needs support, volunteers, and help even when they are not on the news every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment